CCOF Certification Services, LLC (CCOF) is seeking a Certification Specialists to work in the Santa Cruz, California office performing tasks related to organic farm certification. This position will work within CCOF’s USDA National Organic Program and internationally accredited organic certification program.
CCOF is one of the oldest and largest organic certification organizations in the U.S. and works to promote organic production through certification, education, and outreach programs. More information is available at www.ccof.org.
Please Note: Training and mastery of this role takes approximately one year, so please only apply if you are willing to make a multi‐year commitment.
Position Summary: This position requires full time computer work and does not include on‐site inspections of certified organic operations and will not include field work in the future. However, there are periodic opportunities to represent CCOF at trade shows and conferences, depending on interest and availability to travel.
Applicants must be able to work in a fast‐paced office environment with significant job responsibilities. This position requires knowledge of organic production practices, and the ability to work both independently and as a team with other professionals. This position also requires superior customer service skills, the ability to manage data accurately, and work within a regulatory environment. Fluency in Spanish is required for this position.
Farm Certification Review Specialist: The CCOF Farm Certification Review Specialist reviews applications, midyear updates, and/or inspection reports of prospective and currently certified organic crop and livestock farms and simple post‐harvest handling operations. This position includes, but is not limited to, review of land history, seed and planting stock use, input materials (fertility, soil amendments, pest control, etc.), harvest equipment, labeling and recordkeeping procedures for compliance to the USDA National Organic Program and international regulations.
This is a full-time, exempt status position.
· Provides technical services to certified organic clients, including reviews and communication with certified operations about mid‐year updates, such as new labels, input materials, suppliers, products, parcels, etc.
· Reviews and tracks new applications to ensure timely review and communicates application status to applicants.
· Ensures that the CCOF quality system is implemented to standards.
· Provides written and verbal instructions to CCOF clients regarding compliance to all applicable standards.
· Ensures that database records are consistent and current.
· Works on special projects as deemed necessary by the Spanish Services Coordinator, Farm Program Manager, Director of Farm Programs or the Chief Certification Officer.
Required Skills & Experience
Please do not submit an application unless you have all of the following:
· B.A. or B.S. degree or higher in applicable field such as environmental science, agriculture, OR commensurate and relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
· Fluent Spanish language skills to communicate verbally and in writing with Spanish speaking clients.
· One or more years’ experience in a professional office environment.
· Practical field experience in agriculture, preferably organic.
· Competency in word processing, formatting, databases, and email using applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing utilizing correct grammar, spelling and sentence structure.
· Excellent tracking skills to organize, monitor, and track numerous activities throughout the year.
· Comfort using a computer for multiple hours at a time.
· Ability to work with various groups and demographics of people.
· Ability to multi‐task in a busy environment.
· Ability to logically solve problems under pressure.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Willingness to represent the organization at trade shows, conferences, and events as directed by the department director or manager.
· Experience in working with environmental regulatory programs.
· Experience with organic regulations or industry.
· IOIA Organic Crop Inspector training or equivalent experience.
· Auditor training for food quality production systems or similar field.
Compensation: CCOF takes pride in offering competitive pay and excellent benefits. The Farm Certification Specialist’s starting compensation will depend on qualifications and experience.
Hiring Process: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants, please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Farm Certification Specialist” in the subject line:
· Cover letter summarizing your interest in CCOF and the position, and qualifications
· Current resume
· List of three professional references
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Sorry, No Job listings at this time!
|Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.|